Friday, September 30, 2011

A Good Old Bet

My Parents (yes, capitalized, they're very important people) have just made a wager.  A $100 wager.

This is a result of my bringing up at the dinner table the fact that the tax rate in the forties and fifties the top marginal tax rate was over 90%, specifically under Eisenhower.

My mom is of the opinion that no one ever actually payed that much.  My dad is banking on the fact that what they did pay after deductions was at least higher than what he payed before he was retired.

Apparently I'm "the consultant" who is "going to do the research" and be "payed" 10%.  Ten dollars is not much of an incentive to hunt through the internet for very specific information.

Oh and I get "fired" if I can't do it in an hour.

But my dad will win anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment